Philadelphia, PA — October 29, 2020 — Last week, the Independence Blue Cross (Independence) Women of Independence (WOI) associate resource group concluded its Fifth Annual WOI Leadership Conference for employees. Held virtually from Friday, October 16 to Friday, October 23, the event allowed attendees to hear from several of the region’s and Independence’s exceptional female leaders as they shared their past career experiences and obstacles and how they envisioned their futures.
With a nod to this year’s theme − 20/20 Vision − participants discovered how to create a vision for themselves that is both introspective and forward-focused. Guest speakers and topics included:
- Liz Dow, CEO, LEADERSHIP Philadelphia, “Staying Grounded in These Uncertain Times”
- Madeline Bell, president and CEO, Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia, “Vision in 2020 – How to Inspire Your Team During Uncertain Times”
- Tracy Davidson, co-Anchor, NBC-TV 10 News, “Resilience”
- Deanna Singh, change agent, world speaker, author, teacher, and certified expert on Diversity and Inclusion, “Hustle with Purpose”
- Kortney Cruz, Independence vice president of Marketing and Medicare, “Communicating in the New Normal”
A roundtable discussion titled “Hindsight is 20/20: Our Journey” ended the week of programming and featured Independence leaders:
- Lorina Marshall-Blake, vice president of Community Affairs and president of the Independence Blue Cross Foundation
- Susan Larkin, senior vice president of Health Markets
- Paula Sunshine, senior vice president and chief marketing executive
This year, more associates than ever had an opportunity to attend virtually than in the past when live sessions quickly sold out.