Due to the ongoing COVID -19 pandemic, the City of Philadelphia with input from the Philadelphia Health Department has decided to transition the 2020 Blue Cross Broad Street Run, rescheduled for October 4, 2020 to a virtual event. This decision was made with the health and safety of our entire running community in mind including all race participants, spectators, volunteers, staff, and the many partners and community organizations that support this event.
All participants who were registered for the in-person 2020 Blue Cross Broad Street Run will be automatically enrolled in our virtual 2020 Blue Cross Broad Street Run and will receive:
- The official 2020 Blue Cross Broad Street Run race tech shirt
- The official Blue Cross Broad Street Run finisher’s medal
- Guaranteed entry into the 2021 Blue Cross Broad Street Run without having to enter the lottery
- A 20% discount on the 2021 registration fee
In addition, all participants will receive at no additional cost:
- A Blue Cross Broad Street Run buff
- Blue Cross Broad Street Run hand sanitizer
- A printable digital bib and a printable finisher’s certificate
- A donation on behalf of all race participants to the American Cancer Society, Back on my Feet, Students Run Philly Style, American Association for Cancer Research, and the Fairmount Park Conservancy
NBC10 and Telemundo62 will air a virtual Blue Cross Broad Street Run special on October 4 featuring runners who participate in the virtual run
While this decision weighs heavily upon us, the health and well-being of our running community are of the utmost importance. We appreciate your continued support and look forward to continuing in-person races as soon as safely possible.
Please see our FAQs for additional information about the virtual race, and answers to other questions you may have.