Company also earned multiple Top Workplaces USA 2023 Culture Excellence Awards
For the fifth year in a row, The Philadelphia Inquirer has recognized Independence Blue Cross (Independence) as one of the Top Workplaces in the Philadelphia area. Independence has earned a place in the “large employers” category every year since 2019.
“We are honored to be recognized as a Top Workplace in the Delaware Valley for the fifth straight year,” said Independence Blue Cross EVP, Chief People, DEI and Communications Officer Crystal Ashby. “This award is special because it comes from the genuine feedback of our associates. They are the reason Independence is a great place to work!”
The Top Workplaces award recognizes organizations in southeastern Pennsylvania and southern New Jersey that give their employees a voice and foster a positive corporate culture. The award is based on associates’ feedback gathered through a survey administered by Energage, LLC in November 2022. The survey asked Independence associates to assess workplace culture, company values, and whether they believe they are part of something meaningful through their work.
Culture Excellence Awards
In addition to being named a Top Workplace nationally and in the Philadelphia region, Independence Blue Cross earned the Top Workplaces USA 2023 Culture Excellence Awards for all five available categories:
- Leadership: Organizational leaders who inspire confidence in employees and the company direction and who listen to what matters most to employees and use that insight in decision making.
- Innovation: Organizations that have created a culture where new ideas are encouraged.
- Compensation & Benefits: Organizations that provide packages that employees believe are fair for the work being done and as compared to others in the industry.
- Work-Life Flexibility: Organizations that have built a culture that enables employees to meet the demands of their personal lives while maintaining high performance.
- Purpose & Values: Organizations that have successfully communicated their company mission and integrated those aspirations into the culture.