We’re proud of the many initiatives and programs, accolades, and events that made up a remarkable year at Independence Blue Cross. Here are our top ten news stories in 2022, in chronological order:
- Accelerate Health Equity launched in Philadelphia, bringing together organizations across the region to produce tangible improvement in health inequities, and ultimately achieve measurable, positive changes in health outcomes.
- We partnered with Civica to help make insulin more affordable.
- We collaborated with the Colorectal Cancer Alliance to launch a new cancer screening and prevention program focused on increasing screening rates for Black Philadelphians, who are disproportionately impacted by colorectal cancer.
- We helped The Enterprise Center launch a new fund focused on opening doors for minority- and women-owned businesses.
- We collaborated with Philadelphia-based Cocolife.black and Cayaba Care to address racial disparities in maternal health.
- We partnered with Penn Medicine and Tandigm Health to expand value-based care.
- Our Medicare Advantage plans rated among the nation’s best for a second year in a row.
- President & CEO Greg Deavens participated in the launch of the U.S. Surgeon General’s Framework for Workplace Mental Health and Well-Being.
- We hosted our first-ever Health Equity Summit to engage in community conversations on health equity and structural racism.
- We signed a long-term contract renewal with Jefferson Health aimed at enhancing health care quality and access in the region, as well as maintaining affordability, and extends our value-based care program.
We look forward to continuing our work in 2023 and beyond to drive innovation, advance equity, and integrate physical and mental health in the communities we serve.