Independence Blue Cross (Independence) proudly returns as a sponsor of the Pennsylvania Conference for Women for the 11th consecutive year. The all-virtual event will be held Wednesday, November 10.
More than 100 renowned speakers will discuss topics such as health, personal finance, executive leadership, small business and entrepreneurship, work/life balance, personal branding, and social media marketing at the conference. Attendees can visit an online Exhibit Hall with sponsor and vendor booths. They can also participate in virtual career coaching and mini-sessions.
The 2021 line-up includes participation by three Independence leaders:
- Kortney Cruz, vice president, Sales and Marketing, Medicare, will participate in a Q&A following Cecilia Muñoz’s breakout, “Being The First: How to Lay the Groundwork for Equality.” Cruz also spoke with 6abc about creating more inclusive spaces for women and people of color in the workplace in the segment, “Inspiring Women Digital Series: Being the first: How to lay the groundwork for equality.”
- Mellita Neely, director, Medicare Product Development and Management, will give welcome remarks for the pre-keynote Morning Meditation featuring Jessamyn Stanley.
- Dana Yamate, director, Market Research and Intelligence, will share her thoughts on self-confidence and allyship in the workplace in a Learning Burst titled, “Freeing Yourself (and others) from Imposter Syndrome.”
The Pennsylvania Conference for Women is a one-day professional and personal development event for women. This year’s virtual conference includes morning and afternoon keynote addresses and multiple breakout sessions on leadership, personal development, and career advancement from speakers such as:
- Simone Biles, the most decorated gymnast of all time
- Brené Brown, researcher and storyteller
- Glenn Close, award-winning actress, mental health advocate, and co-founder of Bring Change to Mind
- Laverne Cox, award-winning actress, producer, and equal rights activist