Two-day hybrid event includes thought leadership from company executives
Independence Blue Cross (Independence) returns for the 12th consecutive year as a sponsor of the Pennsylvania Conference for Women. The two-day hybrid event aims to meet the diverse needs of all attendees and offers two options: In-person on Thursday, October 6 at the Pennsylvania Convention Center and virtual on Friday, October 7.
The theme for this year’s conference is “Reset. Renew. Reconnect.” The event will feature more than 100 renowned speakers leading discussions and sharing inspiration on topics such as health, personal finance, executive leadership, small business and entrepreneurship, work/life balance, personal branding, and social media marketing.
Attendees can also visit an interactive Exhibit Hall with sponsor and vendor booths and the conference Career Hub.
The 2022 conference will focus on being a positive force for change. The speaker line-up includes participation by three Independence leaders:
- Executive Spotlight with Crystal E. Ashby, EVP and Chief People Officer. Following a session with Psychologist Amy Cuddy titled “Power & Confidence: Regaining Our Lost Agency,” Ashby will share her thoughts on how women can create clear boundaries, advocate for themselves, and regain confidence after a loss or setback.
- Learning Burst with Nkem Okafor, VP, Corporate Strategy and Transformation. During the Learning Burst “Succeeding Professionally When You’re in the Minority,” Okafor will share practical and actionable steps viewers can take now, to use their voice, leverage their skill sets, and showcase their unique value to succeed in the workplace.
- “Do You Have Imposter Syndrome?” hosted by VP of Community Affairs and President of the Independence Blue Cross Foundation, Dr. Lorina Marshall-Blake. Marshall-Blake also joined Action News Anchor Tamala Edwards for an Inspiring Women Digital Series conversation about “Impostor Syndrome” and what to do to overcome it.
Speakers at the October 6 in-person gathering include:
- Arianna Huffington, founder and CEO of Thrive, the founder of The Huffington Post, and the author of 15 books.
- Jane Fonda, two-time Academy Award-winning actor, producer, author, activist, and fitness guru, and (via satellite) Lily Tomlin, award-winning actress, comedian, and producer in a conversation about friendship, resilience, and activism moderated by writer and cultural critic Aminatou Sow.
- Tabitha Brown, actress, vegan foodie and #1 New York Times best-selling author of Feeding the Soul.
Speakers at the October 7 virtual event include:
- D-Nice, creator, Club Quarantine; rapper, producer, and photographer
- Kizzmekia S. Corbett, PhD, viral immunologist who led the team that created the Moderna COVID-19 vaccine and health equity advocate.
- Marlee Matlin, Academy Award and Golden Globe Award-winning actress, New York Times best-selling author, and disability rights advocate.
- Malala Yousafzai, Nobel Peace Prize-winner, advocate for girls’ education, and founder of the Malala Fund.