The Philadelphia Tribune and Independence Blue Cross (Independence) recently launched a new phase of their Our Community. Our Health. public health campaign, which addresses health disparities in the African American community. This new phase focuses on COVID-19 vaccines, heart disease and high blood pressure, diabetes, maternal health, and family medical history. The campaign will reach this community through print ads, social media, videos, and articles featured in The Philadelphia Tribune.
This phase features three new ambassadors:
- Dr. Ashley Jordan, President & CEO, African American Museum
- William Carter, VP of Local Government Affairs, The Chamber of Commerce for Greater Philadelphia
- Angela Val, President & CEO, Visit Philadelphia
And also features three previous ambassadors:
- Charisse R. Lillie, CEO, CRL Consulting, LLC
- Dr. Leroy D. Nunery II, president, Evolution Advisors LLC
- Joe H. Tucker, Jr., Esq., founder and CEO, Tucker Law Group
These individuals are strong leaders within the community and support the mission of empowering African Americans with accurate information and approachable solutions.
Independence initially launched Our Community. Our Health. in November 2020.