Launch of identity theft protection services begins with individual consumer members
Independence Blue Cross is pleased to offer eligible members a new value-added service at no cost: identity theft protection. Identity theft protection services are available now to our individual consumer members.
Identity theft protection products
Identity theft protection services will be provided by Experian® and include two products:
- ProtectMyIDTM is for adults. Eligible subscribers and their adult dependents can enroll individually.
- FamilySecureSM is for children under the age of 18. A parent or legal guardian can activate membership and enroll all children.
The identity theft protection products will include:
- Credit monitoring. Monitors activity that may affect credit.
- Fraud detection. Identifies fraudulent use of identity or credit.
- Fraud resolution support. Helps members address issues that arise in relation to credit monitoring and fraud detection.
- Identity theft insurance amounting to $1 million in coverage for ProtectMyID.
- Identity theft product guarantee amounting to $2 million in coverage for FamilySecure.
- Alerts to members to notify them of any activity that may impact their credit or identity.
- Live support from Experian.
How a member enrolls
Individual consumer members can enroll at any time. Enrollment is easy:
- Members simply log onto ibxpress.com to begin the process.
- After logging in, under the Health & Wellness tab, they should select Value-Added Services from the drop-down menu.
- From there, members can select which product they want to enroll in, ProtectMyID or FamilySecure. They will then be routed to Experian’s website to begin the enrollment process.
- Members can also enroll by calling Experian at 1-866-926-9803 and using Independence-specific codes which will be provided directly to members in their welcome packets and in Good Living magazine, Independence’s guide to health and wellness.
Once a member enrolls, they will have the services as long as they are an Independence member. An enrollment guide will be available to members on ibxpress.com.
Individual consumer members will receive information about identify theft protection in their welcome kits and quarterly magazine.
Identity theft protection services for members of plans offered through an employer will be available in the coming weeks.
Questions or comments?
Independence Blue Cross is the leading health insurance organization in southeastern Pennsylvania. more