The hard work of 435 Independence Blue Cross (Independence) associate volunteers resulted in nearly 1,700 hours of service for the 2018 United Way Days of Caring. Highlights of the events include:
- Volunteers at the Food Bank of South Jersey broke the record for the amount of boxes packed in one day for their Twilight Harvest Program.
- The all-female crew of volunteers at the American Red Cross House assembled more than 15 Ikea dressers.
- During the afternoon shift at MANNA, volunteers packed 3,091 meals.
- Philabundance volunteers sorted more than 7,600 pounds of meat and frozen products that were sent that day to food pantries throughout the region.
- Volunteers at Turning Points for Children built a bench from scratch and transformed the plain white hallways with colorful stripes and various canvas paintings. Check out the video!
- Our volunteers from AmeriHealth New Jersey assisted HomeFront by packing more than 2,000 diapers, unloading 20 loads of donations, and assembling 175 packs of greeting cards.
- During a volunteer activity at Independence’s headquarters at 1901 Market Street, volunteers packed 200 literacy kits that will be distributed to kindergarten and first-grade students in the region.