The new ibx.com/covid-19 offers comprehensive information and resources on coronavirus
Philadelphia, PA — March 23, 2020 — Since January, Independence Blue Cross has been providing information and education to members about the COVID-19 (coronavirus) outbreak via its Newsroom. Now, Independence announces a new, comprehensive website dedicated to COVID-19 information and resources at ibx.com/covid-19.
Independence members can visit ibx.com/covid-19 for information related to:
- Symptoms and testing: The site includes information about testing locations throughout the region. It also details the steps Independence has taken to ensure members can access testing if needed. The insurer will cover and reimburse member cost-sharing (co-pays, deductibles, and coinsurance) for the COVID-19 test and administration of the test when performed at a physician’s office, urgent care center, or an emergency room.
- Telemedicine: To help members maintain good health without risking exposure to COVID-19, the site features information about telemedicine resources and specifics about Independence’s coverage policies. Same-day appointments for primary care are available 24/7 and at no cost through June 4. Virtual visits with specialists and ancillary providers are also now available to members (regular cost-sharing will apply).
- Getting care: The site features tips and information for members who may need to seek care or who may need prescription drug refills.
- Mental health resources: Because the COVID-19 situation can cause stress and anxiety for many members, the site offers resources to help members take care of their mental health (and their families’ mental health) during this time. Virtual visits with mental health specialists are also an option.
- News and resources: The site offers users access to the latest news and updates about COVID-19 and Independence’s response to it, including frequently asked questions, press releases, links to trustworthy websites, and more. It also includes a special message from Independence CEO Dan Hilferty, encouraging people to take action to reduce community spread.
During the COVID-19 situation, Independence is committed to ensuring that members have access to the care, education, and support they need. Besides updating coverage policies, Independence has assisted members through Registered Nurse Health Coach outreach, digital resources, and more.