Philadelphia, PA — Independence Blue Cross (Independence) is proud to sponsor the Main Line Bike Race for the second year. The annual USA Cycling-certified event benefits Narberth Ambulance. Races will be held in downtown Ardmore on Sunday, August 11 from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
“Community events like the Main Line Bike Race bring people together and remind us all of the importance of caring for one another,” said Paula Sunshine, Independence chief marketing executive. “Independence is proud to sponsor the race and its family-friendly activities, all in the name of helping our community.”
The region’s top cyclists are expected to compete in the closed-course race. Spectator highlights include:
- 10 exciting races at various levels of competition. This includes the highly anticipated Pro/1/2 race sponsored by Independence Blue Cross.
- The family race course experience, which allows family members of all ages to ride the same course as the pros.
- Free kids races for ages 4-9 with medals for the winners.
- Free family fun zone open to the public. This area will feature a magician, face painting, giant slide, and more.
- Live music from The Ardmore Music Hall and beer garden sponsored by Ardmore-based Tired Hands Brewing.
Proceeds from the event benefit Narberth Ambulance. The company serves more than 150,000 residents and businesses in Lower Merion, Narberth, Haverford, Conshohocken, and West Conshohocken.
The deadline for online race registration Friday, August 9, 2019 at 11:59 p.m. For more information, visit MainLineBikeRace.com. Registration will also be available onsite on August 11.