IBC members and the community invited to join the fun on September 21
Philadelphia, PA – Independence Blue Cross (IBC) is proud to partner with YSC, a soccer-focused sports facility located in Wayne, Pennsylvania, on Independence Blue Cross Day — an event on Saturday, September 21 that will allow kids to come to YSC and experience programs and games free of charge starting at 10 a.m. Independence Blue Cross Day will include an appearance by Philadelphia Union player Sheanon Williams who will sign autographs, take photos, and interact with fans of all ages from noon-1:30 p.m. In addition, IBC will be on-site from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. to help consumers understand the important health care changes coming in October through fun, interactive game show and photography booths.
Independence Blue Cross Day will feature four classes focused on fun, age appropriate, learning environments for toddlers, pre-K, kindergarten, and early elementary age children. Classes are initially being offered at 10 a.m., 11 a.m., and noon and include:
- 1stSoccer — Ages 18 months-3 years: A parent/caregiver participation class for the toddler on the move who wants to explore, run, kick and play!
- SoccerStars — Ages 3-4: A child’s first opportunity to experience soccer through interactive play in a very nurturing and FUN environment!
- Kickers — Ages 5-6: A class for bigger kids seeking soccer action using games and drills that teach key soccer skills.
- ADT Kids — Ages 3-6: Agility, Balance, Coordination! This class is specifically designed to develop and advance your child’s athletic skills. Classes will be held in the newly built Athletic Development Training (ADT) room.
Kids can also register to play pick up soccer and experience YSC’s “House” League play under the watchful eye of a YSC instructor. Sessions include:
- Grades K-2 — Classes are initially being offered from noon – 12:25 p.m.
- Grades 3-5 — Classes are initially being offered from 12:30 – 12:55 p.m.
These free classes are being offered on a first-come, first served basis. Early registration is encouraged at www.YSCsports.com. IBC members who participate in a class on September 21 will have an opportunity to receive a 15 percent discount for the Fall 2013 class season.
Attendees are also invited to watch the Philadelphia Union Academy Teams as they take on The New Jersey Soccer Academy during three separate matches. The Philadelphia Union Academy Teams for young adults age 12-18 feature many of the top local soccer players in the region — players who might go on to play for the Philadelphia Union professional team. The game schedule for September 21 is:
- 10 a.m. — Philadelphia Union Academy Team vs. NJSA, under 18 age group
- 12 p.m. — Philadelphia Union Academy Team vs. NJSA, under 16 age group
- 2 p.m. — Philadelphia Union Academy Team vs. NJSA, under 14 age group
IBC’s health care information space will feature components of Independence Express — the company’s mobile education center:
- The Independence IQ game show: designed to test consumers’ knowledge about the Affordable Care Act, while providing answers, in a fun and entertaining format. Complete with participant prizes and a game show host!
- The Live Fearless photo experience: gives participants a chance to “fly high over Philadelphia” or “row a boat on the Schuylkill River.”