Members encouraged to use dollars remaining in their FSA accounts before New Year
Philadelphia, PA – Independence Blue Cross (IBC) is offering members a way to stretch their remaining flexible spending account (FSA) dollars with dozens of health and wellness deals, as well as shop for unique holiday gifts through its discount website Blue365.
IBC members who must use their FSA balances before the end of the year can get the most value from their health care dollars by using Blue365, which offers health and wellness products and services. Discounts are offered on products such as eye glasses, Lasik surgery, hearing aids, contact lenses, wellness webinars, and medical emergency bracelets.* Blue365 also offers gift ideas like gym memberships, juicers, fitness apparel, and other lifestyle products and services.
“Using a flexible spending account is like getting a ‘discount’ for planning ahead and putting aside pre-tax dollars to pay for health care costs. FSAs are an important tool for consumers,” explained Brian Lobley, senior vice president of marketing and consumer business at Independence Blue Cross. “We hope our customers will use their FSAs to the fullest and take advantage of all the opportunities to spend their remaining accounts before the New Year.”
FSA eligible products available at Blue365 include:
- Beltone hearing aids and wireless accessories (25 percent discount after a free hearing screening)
- TruHearing hearing aids and wireless accessories (30 to 50 percent discount off retail)
- Davis Vision glasses and contact lenses (10 to 60 percent discount)
- eMindful® wellness webinars, some of which are FSA eligible, that enable healthy behaviors by helping people manage stress, eat healthier, exercise smarter or give up tobacco (25 percent discount)
- Qualsight LASIK surgery procedures (40 to 50 percent discount)
- LasikPlus LASIK surgery procedure (more than $800 savings)
- Hope Paige Medical emergency bracelets for disease awareness (30 percent discount)
“We understand that this is a busy time of year for Blue members and Blue365 provides them with a unique and convenient shopping experience for their holiday needs,” said Mark Talluto, executive director of marketing and sales support programs of Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association. “This holiday season participating Blue companies can offer members affordable gift ideas, great convenience and a way to start the New Year in good health.”
To receive ongoing deals, members of participating Blue Cross and Blue Shield (BCBS) companies can sign up at www.blue365deals.com to receive weekly e-mails with special savings from nationally recognized companies. These featured deals are available for a limited time and are spotlighted on the Blue365 website along with a number of standing discounts that are accessible at any time.
Blue365, a Blue Cross Blue Shield Association program that was launched in 2007, provides value-added discounts to members of participating BCBS companies that complement their health benefits and helps them navigate the healthcare decision-making process and maintain a healthier lifestyle.
About the Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association
The Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association is a national federation of 37 independent, community-based and locally-operated Blue Cross and Blue Shield companies that collectively provide healthcare coverage for nearly 100 million members — one-in-three Americans. For more information on the Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association and its member companies, please visit bcbs.com. We encourage you to connect with us on Facebook, check out our videos on YouTube, follow us on Twitter and check out The BCBS Blog, for up-to-date information about BCBSA.
* Members should talk to their human resources department to learn more about their company’s FSA rules.