Independence Blue Cross (Independence) has announced its 2022 Medicare Advantage offerings, featuring enhanced benefits and new Personal Choice 65SM Elite Rx PPO and zero-dollar monthly premium Personal Choice 65SM Saver Rx PPO plans. The offerings also include Independence’s tried-and-true Keystone 65 HMO and Personal Choice 65 PPO plans with zero-dollar monthly premiums zero-dollar Tier 1 preferred generics by mail or at preferred pharmacies, no medical or prescription deductibles, and the comfort of not needing referrals.
“We have been here for our members throughout COVID-19, whether it be to lend a comforting ear or offer coverage and support in getting treatment,” said Dr. Heidi Syropoulos, medical director for Government Markets at Independence. “Our 2022 Medicare offerings are designed to give our existing and prospective members the comfort of knowing that we are there for them as we begin to emerge from the uncertainty of the worst phases of the pandemic. We are committed to making sure our members have access to the care they need, close to their homes.”
With more than 80 years serving the Philadelphia five-county region, Independence supports over 90,000 local Medicare members in everything from choosing the right health plan to accessing the care they need to understanding their costs.
Independence teams are ready to help those on Medicare sign up for plans during Medicare’s Annual Enrollment Period, taking place October 15 through December 7. This year’s plans, which focus on members’ whole health, include:
- Dental, hearing, and vision coverage included in all plans
- Zero-dollar copays for unlimited MDLIVE® telemedicine behavioral health visits, which connect members to a clinician whenever they need support
- Special benefits for people with certain qualifying conditions (e.g., transportation services, groceries, and meal programs)
- Zero-dollar copays for acute inpatient hospital stays for COVID-19 diagnoses, which help take the cost worries out of a prolonged hospital stay
- Quarterly over-the-counter allowances that can be spent on approved items such as cold and allergy medications, first aid supplies, vitamins, and more online and at major retailers
- An Insulin Savings Program that makes the costs for diabetes management much more affordable
- A $50 reduction in Part B premiums included in the new Personal Choice 65 Saver Rx PPO plan (credited monthly on Social Security checks or Medicare Part B premium statements)
Those signing up for an Independence Medicare Advantage plan in 2022 will also continue to benefit from core offerings like a free fitness membership, and routine podiatry and chiropractic coverage. Plus, members can use a nurse hotline 24 hours a day, seven days a week, and access the personal health visit program through which members can meet with a nurse practitioner in their home to discuss their health, medications, and/or any other health-related questions they may have.
Prospective members can learn more by visiting ibxmedicare.com/value2022 or by calling 1-877-393-6733 (TTY/TDD: 711) seven days a week, from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. Current members can call the number on the back of their member ID card if they have questions about their current Medicare Advantage plan or 2022 options.
Independence Blue Cross offers products through its subsidiaries Independence Hospital Indemnity Plan, Keystone Health Plan East and QCC Insurance Company — independent licensees of the Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association.
Not connected with or endorsed by the U.S. government or the federal Medicare program.
Telemedicine is provided by MDLIVE, an independent company.
Please note that on weekends and holidays from April 1 through September 30, your call may be sent to voicemail.
Independence Blue Cross complies with applicable Federal civil rights laws and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, or sex. ATENCIÓN: si habla español, tiene a su disposición servicios gratuitos de asistencia lingüística. Llame al 1-800-275-2583 (TTY/TDD: 711). 注意：如果您使用繁體中文，您可以免費獲得語言援助服務。請致電 1-800-275-2583（TTY/TDD: 711）