Benefits and options support members’ whole person health
Independence Blue Cross (Independence) announces its 2022 medical and prescription drug product portfolio. The health plan options are for employers headquartered in southeastern Pennsylvania with 51 or more employees. The portfolio is available for fully insured and self-funded groups starting January 1, 2022.
What’s new for 2022
- A prescription drug portfolio that now includes weight‑loss drugs for the treatment of obesity and $3 low‑cost generic drug options.
- Virtual care visits with in‑network primary care physicians and specialists with lower out-of-pocket costs, when available. The lower out-of-pocket costs are effective upon renewal when enrolling into a new 2022 health plan.
- Addition of Quartet1 to help members manage their physical and mental well‑being.
- Enhanced Achieve Well‑being rewards program to encourage members to make healthier choices.
- Healthy LifestylesSM reimbursement for using Noom1 weight management program.
- CHARGE, a virtual counseling service for six in‑network nutrition counseling sessions a year*. For members with this health plan option, sessions are offered at no additional cost and are available through the GlobalFit 3601 network.
- Befitting.com1, an online vision retailer for members with Independence vision coverage. This includes a unique artificial intelligence‑driven shopping experience.
- The College Tuition Benefit®1, now available to all customers and all their employees, regardless of whether or not the employee has Independence health care coverage.
- GradFin1 Employer Match program, which allows employers to contribute toward their employees’ student loans, without a tax impact to the employer or employee.
Health plans for every need and budget
Independence offers health care coverage that’s effective, affordable, and simple, including access to the nation’s largest provider network. Teaming up with Independence allows businesses to offer comprehensive benefits that help employees and their families live their healthiest lives. Options include:
- Tiered network plans
- Site of service benefit plans
- HSA-qualified plans
- Copay health plans
- Deductible/copay health plans
- Deductible/coinsurance health plans
- Specialty benefits, including vision, dental, and prescription drug
To learn more about Independence health plans for groups of every size, business, and budget, employers can visit ibx.com or call 1-888-475-6206 (TTY:711).
For Independence guidance, news, and resources related to COVID-19, employers can visit the Independence Business Hub.