On June 17, Independence Blue Cross President and CEO Gregory E. Deavens joined a panel of health care leaders for Main Line Health’s 11th Annual Healthcare Disparities Colloquium. It addressed disparities in care and how to improve health outcomes in the community.
During the event, Deavens talked about Independence’s commitment to equitable, whole-person health. He shared what Independence is doing to reach that goal and pointed to the important role collaboration plays in those efforts, including the Accelerate Health Equity initiative.
The colloquium’s keynote speaker was Joy Lewis of the American Hospital Association. WURD Radio CEO Sara Lomax-Reese moderated the panel on health equity. Other regional leaders that participated in the panel were:
- Jack Lynch, FACHE, President and CEO, Main Line Health
- Bruce Meyer, MD, MBA, President of Jefferson Health and Senior Executive Vice President, Thomas Jefferson University
- Veronica Hill-Milbourne, BSN, MS, JD, President and CEO, Spectrum Health Services, Inc.
- Abhinav Rastogi, MBA, MIS, President and CEO, Temple University Hospital
- Richard Wender, MD, Chair of Family Medicine and Community Health, Penn Medicine
The colloquium aired live on 96.1 FM and 900 AM. WURD Radio also livestreamed the discussion on its Facebook page, “11th Annual Main Line Health — Healthcare Disparities Colloquium.”