Dan Hilferty, Independence CEO, addresses the crowd at an awards banquet for the Asian American Chamber of Commerce of Greater Philadelphia on October 3.
Daniel J. Hilferty, Independence Blue Cross CEO, addressed more than 300 attendees at the Asian American Chamber of Commerce of Greater Philadelphia awards banquet on October 3. Action News television co-anchor Nydia Han emceed the event, which was held at the Sheraton Philadelphia University City.
During his keynote address to corporate employees, business owners, nonprofit organization leaders, and city and state employees, Hilferty spoke about the importance of Asian American businesses in our region and nationwide. He also highlighted the key role that Asian American Chamber members play in creating inclusive growth and helping develop Philadelphia into the model of the 21st-century inclusive American city.
Several businesses, organizations, and individuals were honored during an awards ceremony for the Chamber’s community of Asian business owners and service providers:
Outstanding Asian Business Awards
- Maestro Filmworks — Kris Mendoza, Founder and Executive Producer
- Madison Birch Staffing & Recruiting Services — Denise Williams, Managing Director
- Moto Designshop — Eric Oskey, Partner
- Han Dynasty — Han Chiang, Founder/Owner
Nonprofit of the Year
- Southeast Asian Mutual Assistance Association Coalition (SEAMAAC). SEAMAAC stands as one of the oldest and largest refugee-founded agencies in the region.
CEO of the Year
- Anurag Jain, CEO, Prepay Nation. Prepay Nation operates a global hub for cross-border purchase of prepaid mobile airtime.
- Harold T. Epps, Director of Commerce, City of Philadelphia. Harold T. Epps is a business leader with over 30 years of experience in providing high-performance products and solutions for complex and compliance driven industries.
Several members from Independence’s associate resource group, imPACT, also attended the awards banquet. imPACT is focused on promoting visibility and awareness of Asian American Pacific Islanders within Independence and the communities the company serves.