Independence Blue Cross (Independence) today announces its 2024 Medicare Advantage offerings, which feature enhanced benefits, and access to the largest network of doctors and hospitals in the region.* They feature many options, including Personal Choice 65SM PPO plans with reduced premiums and a Part B Giveback, as well as increased allowances for dental, vision, hearing, and over-the-counter items on some plans. Independence is also offering some plans with zero-dollar monthly premiums and zero-dollar copays for primary care visits.
On top of to the comprehensive health benefits Independence offers, the company works with community organizations throughout the region to help address factors that influence their health outcomes, like transportation and access to nutritious foods.
“We have been in the Philadelphia area market for 85 years and are just as invested in it today as we were on day one,” said Kortney Cruz, senior vice president of Government Markets at Independence Blue Cross. “Those who have Medicare Advantage plans with us are more than members, they’re part of the Independence family. As such, we make sure they have the tools they need to live a healthy life.”
Independence supports over 108,000 local Medicare Advantage members** in everything from choosing the right health plan to accessing the care they need to understanding their costs.
Independence is ready to help those on or newly eligible for Medicare sign up for plans during this year’s Annual Enrollment Period, which takes place October 15 through December 7. There are several options to choose from, including Independence’s Personal Choice 65SM PPO plans and tried-and-true Keystone 65 HMO plans. Some more highlights of this year’s plans are:
- Multiple zero-premium plan options including two zero-dollar Personal Choice 65 PPO plans.
- Part B giveback, which helps reduce the amount members pay each month for their Medicare Part B premium, available on the Personal Choice 65 Saver PPO and Keystone 65 Liberty HMO plans.
- Dental coverage including a zero-dollar copay for routine exams and cleanings on all plans. Additionally, some plans include a dental allowance for dentures, fillings, crowns, and much more.
- Zero-dollar copay for routine vision and hearing exams with an allowance for eyewear and unlimited hearing aid fitting and evaluations every year
- Zero-dollar copay for in-network primary care visits on some plans and no referrals or deductibles to worry about.
- Largest choice of doctors and hospitals in the region* with a traveler network on PPO plans across most states in the United States.
- Fitness membership to all YMCAs in the five-county coverage area at no additional cost.
- Up to $125 per quarter for over-the-counter items.
- Flex benefit offered on some plans with an annual allowance for dental, vision and hearing services and supplies.
Prospective members can talk to a licensed sales agent over the phone or schedule a home visit to help them choose and enroll in an Independence Medicare Advantage or Medicare Supplement plan by calling 1-877-393-6733 (TTY/TDD: 711) seven days a week, from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. Please note that on weekends and holidays from April 1 to September 30, your call may be sent to voicemail.
Current members can sign up for an in-person member event or watch an on-demand virtual webinar to explore their 2024 plan benefits. Visit ibxmedicare.com/2024webinar to view available dates and times. For questions, current members can call the number on the back of their member ID card to speak with our Member Help Team about their current Medicare Advantage plan or 2024 options.
* 2023 PA-5 Provider Network Counts: ibxmedicare.com/providers23
** 2023 Medicare Advantage Enrollment Numbers, ibxmedicare.com/popular23.
About Independence Blue Cross
Independence Blue Cross is the leading health insurance organization in southeastern Pennsylvania. For 85 years, we have been enhancing the health and well-being of the people and communities we serve. We deliver innovative and competitively priced health care products and services; pioneer new ways to reward doctors, hospitals, and other health care professionals for coordinated, quality care; and support programs and events that promote wellness. To learn more, visit ibx.com. Connect with us on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Instagram. Independence Blue Cross is an independent licensee of the Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association.
For accommodations of persons with special needs at meetings, call 1-877-393-6733 (TTY/TDD: 711).
Independence Blue Cross offers PPO, HMO-POS, and HMO Medicare Advantage plans with a Medicare contract. Enrollment in Independence Blue Cross PPO, HMO-POS, and HMO Medicare Advantage plans depends on contract renewal.
Independence Blue Cross offers products through its subsidiaries Independence Hospital Indemnity Plan, Keystone Health Plan East and QCC Insurance Company — independent licensees of the Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association.
Independence Blue Cross complies with applicable Federal civil rights laws and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, or sex. ATENCIÓN: si habla español, tiene a su disposición servicios gratuitos de asistencia lingüística. Llame al 1-800-275-2583 (TTY/TDD: 711). 注意：如果您使用繁體中文，您可以免費獲得語言援助服務。請致電 1-800-275-2583（TTY/TDD: 711）