Continuing its commitment to local communities and providing whole-person health
Independence Blue Cross (Independence) announces its 2024 commercial medical and prescription drug product portfolio for large employers headquartered in southeastern Pennsylvania with 51 or more employees. The 2024 portfolio is available upon renewal for fully insured and self-funded groups starting January 1, 2024.
For over 85 years, Independence has been invested in the people and communities it serves, offering products that businesses and their employees can count on for their whole-person health needs.
What’s new for 2024
- Virtual care benefits will now be available to all Independence members through Teladoc Health (Teladoc)**, a global leader in whole-person virtual care. Members can use telemedicine services to speak with a board-certified physician about general medical needs. Telebehavioral health and teledermatology virtual care services will also be available, all at $0 copay* on standard fully insured medical plans.
- Independence Blue Cross Dental plans and network are coming in 2024. Independence Blue Cross Dental encourage prevention, early diagnosis, and treatment. With a large national network, low out-of-pocket costs, and value-added savings, Independence Blue Cross Dental will provide customers and members with a one-stop shop for all their health care needs. The portfolio will feature a wide variety of affordable plan options and value adds, like teledentistry and preventive care rewards, from the brand they know and trust.
- Behavioral health solutions will be enhanced for Independence members through new digital behavioral health tools. myStrength® Plus, from Teladoc, is a digital platform that offers evidence-based, self-guided programs and tools to help members tackle their mental health challenges head-on. Treatment Atlas (Addiction Treatment Locator, Assessment, and Standards) from Shatterproof** is a web-based platform that empowers members to make informed care decisions when choosing addiction treatment facilities and services.
- Conditions and lifestyle solutions for all standard fully insured medical plans will now include Livongo Hypertension. The program, available through Teladoc, offers individualized, data-driven assistance to help Independence members with high blood pressure manage their condition.
- New stop loss coverage in partnership with Sun Life Assurance Company of Canada (Sun Life)**, a leading stop loss carrier with more than 40 years of experience, to help self-funded customers lower their financial risk against large or catastrophic claims.
- Expansion of financial well-being benefits to include AblePay Health (AblePay)**, which offers all employees and their family members direct savings on out-of-pocket medical costs and access to interest-free payment plans at no cost. It is available to all Independence customers and their employees, regardless of their health plan coverage.
- New personalized, digital health experience for Independence members who visit the Independence website and mobile app, beginning in 2024, will make it easier than ever for members to navigate their health care journey and access care, manage and understand benefits, and learn how to get the most of their health plan with knowledge and confidence.
To learn more about Independence health plans for groups of every size, business, and budget, employers can visit ibx.com or call 1-888-475-6206 (TTY:711).
For guidance, news, and resources, employers can visit the IBX Business Hub.
Independence Blue Cross is an independent licensee of the Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association.
*$0 after deductible for Independence Blue Cross HSA plans
** An independent company