Portfolio helps meet the unique needs of small employers with cost-effective, flexible, innovative health plan designs
Independence Blue Cross (Independence) announces its 2024 Blue Solutions® portfolio for small employers with 2-50 employees. The company’s ACA‑compliant health plans provide cost-effective coverage and help empower members to stay healthier and save money on their health care.
For over 85 years, Independence has been committed to the people and communities in the Philadelphia region. The company offers the strongest network of doctors and hospitals and health plans that businesses and their employees can count on for their whole-person health needs. Independence’s Blue Solutions portfolio helps meet the unique needs of small employers with cost-effective and innovative health plan designs, well-being programs, and value-added services.
What’s new for 2024
- New health plans. Committed to offering customers options that make sense for their small business and their employees, Independence added three new plan options.
- HMO Gold Proactive Value. Independence’s new HMO Gold Proactive Value offers access to the same robust tiered network as the organization’s other Keystone HMO Proactive products and includes a deductible on Tier 2 and 3 providers for facility services — making this an affordable Gold health plan option.
- PPO Platinum Preferred and PPO Gold Preferred. Independence added two new versions of the organization’s popular PPO Preferred plans. Both PPO Platinum Preferred and PPO Gold Preferred offer lower out-of-pocket maximum and facility costs, including a per-admission hospital copay.
- Teledoc virtual care. All Independence members will now have virtual care benefits through Teladoc Health* (Teladoc). Members can use telemedicine services to speak with a board-certified physician about general medical needs. Telebehavioral health and teledermatology virtual care services will also be available, all at a $0 copay**.
- Independence Blue Cross Dental plans and network are coming in 2024. With a large national network, low out-of-pocket costs, and value-added savings, Independence Blue Cross Dental will provide customers and members with a one-stop shop for all their dental care needs. Independence Blue Cross Dental encourages prevention, early diagnosis, and treatment, and will offer a wide variety of affordable dental care plan options and value adds, like teledentistry and preventive care rewards, from the company people know and trust.
- Digital tools to support behavioral health. New tools will help support the overall well-being of Independence members. myStrength®. Plus, from Teladoc, is a digital platform that offers evidence-based, self-guided programs and tools to help members address their mental health challenges. Treatment Atlas (Addiction Treatment Locator, Assessment, and Standards) is a web-based platform created by Shatterproof, that empowers members to make informed decisions when choosing addiction treatment facilities and services.
- Conditions and lifestyle solutions. To improve the member experience and health outcomes, Independence is offering TruHearing®* to provide exclusive discounts for hearing aids, products, and exams. In addition, to help support members’ whole health, Independence is now including Livongo Diabetes and Hypertension from Teladoc to help members manage chronic conditions.
- Vision benefit enhancement. All Blue Solutions health plans include adult and pediatric vision benefits. To help members make the most of their vision benefits, Independence has removed member cost-sharing on evaluations and fittings for non‑Collection standard contact lenses at participating providers.
- New personalized, digital health experience for Independence members who visit the Independence website and mobile app, beginning in 2024, will make it easier for members to navigate their health care journey and access care, manage and understand benefits, and learn how to get the most out of their health plan with knowledge and confidence.
IBX Works emails
To help customers navigate Independence resources and benefits available to their employees, they have access to IBX Works emails. IBX Works delivers information about health plan benefits, important industry topics and trends, and tips and discounts, so employers and their employees can make the most of their Independence coverage. Customers can sign up at ibx.com/IBXWorks.
For complete details about Independence’s portfolio enhancements, please refer to the 2024 Blue Solutions brochure.
*An independent company
**$0 after deductible for Independence Blue Cross HSA plans