Benefits and options support commitment to Whole Person Health.
Independence Blue Cross (Independence) announces its 2023 medical and prescription drug plan options for employers headquartered in southeastern Pennsylvania with 51 or more employees. This product portfolio is available upon renewal for insured and self-funded groups starting January 1, 2023.
“Independence is committed to leading the way to better health care for both our members and our employer groups. Our tailored health plans offer personalized employee engagement strategies and comprehensive care management that address the diverse whole-person health needs of our clients,” said Mike Sullivan, Independence chief sales officer and president of Commercial Markets.
What’s new for 2023
- Streamlined portfolio with new options, including a new PPO Health Savings Account (HSA) plan. The new plan has integrated prescription drug benefits with a $5,000 deductible, $40 primary care visit copay, and $70 specialist visit copay. For employers with 51-99 members, there is also a Value prescription drug plan option.
- Enhanced care management solutions that can improve the member experience and health outcomes. This includes discounted hearing aids and exams through TruHearing®1, as well as Ovia HealthTM1family planning, Livongo1 diabetes management, and Wondr HealthTM1 behavioral counseling programs for insured groups. Self‑funded customers may purchase these services to add to their benefits.
- New WealthCare Saver2 investment solution, for members enrolled in an Independence High Deductible Health Plan with an HSA. WealthCare Saver investment solution makes it easier for account holders of all experience levels to invest their HSA plan funds.
- Increased Achieve Well-being rewards from $150 to $300 per subscriber for completing select activities like an annual check-up with their primary care physician, getting a flu shot, or nutrition counseling.
- Added Employee Assistance Program from Uprise Health3, to help employees transition back to office life, improve productivity, and reduce stress with various confidential, digitally enabled mental health solutions.
- The College Tuition Benefits’ SAGE Prime program, which can help members reduce tuition by ten percent for their professional certification, graduate studies, or degree completion.
- Updates to Davis Vision tools and resources for members enrolled in a Vision Care plan. Enhancements include access to the new virtual Exclusive Collection frame try‑on tool to use towards an enhanced Exclusive Collection designer frame inventory.
To learn more about Independence health plans for groups of every size, business, and budget, employers can visit ibx.com or call 1-888-475-6206 (TTY:711).
For Independence guidance, news, and resources related to COVID-19, employers can visit the Independence Business Hub.
Independence Blue Cross is an independent licensee of the Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association.
2Alegeus Technologies LLC is a third-party vendor dba WealthCare Saver, a licensed Non-Bank Custodian providing spending account claims processing and debit card services. The WealthCare Saver investment solution leverages DriveWealth as the broker-dealer and CAPTRUST as the registered investment advisor (RIA). DriveWealth uses Citibank to custody the investment assets. The front-end technology platform that the account holder interacts with is designed and managed by Alegeus. CAPTRUST, the registered investment advisor (RIA), selects the investment options.
3Uprise Health, an independent company, provides employee assistance and work/life balance support. Uprise Health does not provide Blue Cross products or services. Uprise Health is solely responsible for its products and services.