Enhancements include expanded virtual care, financial well-being solutions, new Achieve Well-being rewards
Philadelphia, PA — October 26, 2020 — Independence Blue Cross (Independence) announces its 2021 Blue Solutions® portfolio for small businesses with 2-50 employees. Blue Solutions health plans from Independence provide employees and their families access to the nation’s largest provider network and comprehensive benefits to help them make healthy choices.
“For 2021, we enhanced our Blue Solutions portfolio to empower our members in small employer groups to stay healthier and save money,” said Brett Mayfield, Independence senior vice president, Sales. “We are always looking to reverse the trends in rising health care costs and provide employers with more value. The 2021 portfolio includes a comprehensive and innovative suite of products and solutions focused on physical, mental, and financial well-being that offer choice, savings, and convenience.”
New for 2021
Independence’s portfolio enhancements for 2021 help empower members to stay healthy with more choices and lower costs.
- Expanded virtual care options include telebehavioral health, teledermatology, and telemedicine through MDLIVE*, all available at $0 cost-sharing. Telebehavioral health with Magellan network providers will also be available at $0 cost-sharing
- Updated drug-pricing and pharmacy locator tools to help employees know the costs of their medications before they go to the pharmacy
- New Achieve Well-being program rewards which provide $150 in incentives for employees who complete activities like getting preventive care and opting into digital messaging
- GradFin,* a new program to help employees pay back student loans to support their financial health and overall well-being
- Low‑cost generic drugs are available at a reduced copay in all plans
- Lower cost‑share for urgent care visits for some plans
- Members have the option to use their in‑network frame or contact lens allowance at popular online retailers Glasses.com* and 1800Contacts.com*
- Deluxe and Premier Family PPO dental plans now have a higher annual maximum to help members stretch their dental dollars further for things like fillings, root canals, and dentures
Independence health plans offer everything that employers need to help keep their employees – a business’ strongest asset – as healthy as possible, including:
- Comprehensive and innovative benefits
- Personalized member engagement
- Value-based partnerships with doctors and hospitals
- Best in class customer service
Throughout the COVID-19 pandemic, Independence continues to focus on the health, well-being, and safety of its members and the community. The company introduced new policies and initiatives to address both the physical and mental health impacts of COVID-19. Details can be found at ibx.com/covid19.
For complete details about all of our 2021 portfolio enhancements, please refer to the 2021 Blue Solutions brochure.