Philadelphia, PA — November 11, 2020 — Independence Blue Cross (Independence) proudly sponsored the first-ever Virtual Pennsylvania Conference for Women on November 11. Just like the traditional in-person event, this year’s Conference consisted of keynote and breakout sessions and an Exhibit Hall with sponsor and vendor booths as well as virtual career coaching and mini-sessions.
The 2020 line-up included two Learning Bursts from Independence:
- Erica Dotson Bennett, leadership and executive development partner, “How to Talk About Social Justice in the Workplace”
- Michelle Histand, director of Innovation, “Design thinking to solve sticky problems, embrace change and unleash creativity”
In addition, Reetika Kumar, M.D., Independence vice president of Clinical Services, hosted the session, “Hacking your mental health for well-being.” Lorina Marshall-Blake, Independence vice president of Community Affairs, president of the Independence Blue Cross Foundation, and Pennsylvania Conference for Women board member, also provided remarks for a Conference networking session.
The 2020 Virtual Pennsylvania Conference for Women is a one-day professional and personal development event for women. This year’s virtual conference included nine breakout sessions on Leadership, Personal Development & Career Advancement, including:
- Kelly Corrigan, author of four New York Times bestsellers
- Viola Davis, the first black actress to win Tony, Oscar, and Emmy awards
- Celeste Headlee, journalist, radio host, professional speaker, and author
- Iyanla Vanzant, award-winning host and executive producer and best-selling author
- Tara Westover, best-selling author and one of TIME Magazine’s 100 most influential people of 2018