Philadelphia – October 1, 2019 – Independence Blue Cross (Independence) announced its 2020 Medicare Advantage offerings today, which include a new zero-premium, zero in-network deductible plan called Personal Choice 65SM Prime Rx PPO (Personal Choice 65 Prime). The new plan will be available in Independence’s entire five-county service area – Bucks, Chester, Delaware, Montgomery, and Philadelphia counties. Personal Choice 65 Prime is one of two zero-premium plans Independence will be offering in 2020, the other is its existing Keystone 65 Basic Rx HMO. Independence will also continue to offer other high-quality, affordable plans that include optional enriched benefits like an annual dental allowance of up to $1,500 and the addition of Walgreen’s as a Preferred Pharmacy.
“We pride ourselves on being one of the most trusted health plans in the region, one that truly cares about the members it serves,” said Kortney Cruz, vice president of Sales and Marketing-Medicare at Independence. “Our 2020 Medicare offerings demonstrate our commitment to living up to the reputation we have of providing the quality, access, affordability, and peace of mind people have come to expect from Independence. Our new Personal Choice 65 Prime plan will allow those on Medicare to have affordable coverage that travels with them, whether it’s to the Jersey shore or down to Florida, from a company they can trust.”
Other benefits offered by Independence during Medicare’s Annual Enrollment Period, taking place October 15 through December 7, include:
- Lower premiums on most plans.
- Largest network of doctors and hospitals in the region.
- No co-pay increases for medical and Rx benefits, on most products.
- Lowered per day co-pays on inpatient hospital stays.
- Choice and Choice Plus supplemental programs that offer comprehensive dental services (dentures, fillings, extractions, some oral surgeries, and more), as well as fully covered routine vision and hearing exams annually.
- Quarterly allowance of $30 for members to spend on over-the-counter items.
- Preferred retail pharmacy benefit that allows members to fill up to a 90-day supply of generic and preferred prescription drugs at a preferred pharmacy for the price of only two copayments.
- Preferred primary care physician (PCP) benefit that allows HMO members to visit one of hundreds of preferred in-network physicians with no copay or co-insurance.
- Telemedicine benefit that allows members to speak with a physician for non-urgent conditions over the phone or internet for only $5.
Those signing up for an Independence Medicare Advantage plan in 2020 will also benefit from a SilverSneakers® fitness membership at no additional cost; routine podiatry and chiropractic coverage (in addition to the six visits Medicare offers); free annual physicals, and access to a nurse hotline 24 hours a day, seven days a week; and access to the personal health visit program through which members can meet with a nurse practitioner in their home or at another designated location to discuss their health, medications, and/or any other health-related questions that they may have.
Independence will also continue to offer Medicare Supplement plans, including MedigapFreedom products with GlobalFit, TruHearing, and Davis Vision for as low as $61.95 per month.
Prospective members can learn more about Independence’s Medicare offerings by visiting www.ibxmedicare.com or calling 1-877-393-6733. They can also sign up for one of several free informational meetings being held now until the end of the year throughout southeastern Pennsylvania. Current members can call the number on the back of their card if they have questions about their current Medicare Advantage plan or 2020 options.
Enrollment rules and options
The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services generally permits individual Medicare beneficiaries to enroll in a Medicare Advantage plan or Part D plan only during the six-week annual enrollment period, from October 15 to December 7. Individuals now also have one opportunity to change to another Medicare plan after January 1, 2020 and before March 31, 2020.
About Independence Blue Cross
Independence Blue Cross is the leading health insurance organization in southeastern Pennsylvania. With our affiliates, we serve nearly 8 million people nationwide. For more than 80 years, we have been enhancing the health and well-being of the people and communities we serve by delivering innovative and competitively priced health care products and services; pioneering new ways to reward doctors, hospitals, and other health care professionals for coordinated, quality care; and supporting programs and events that promote wellness. To learn more, visit www.ibx.com. Connect with us on Facebook at facebook.com/ibx and on Twitter at @ibx. Independence Blue Cross is an independent licensee of the Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association.
Independence Blue Cross
215-241-3113 (o) | 215-815-7828 (c)