Independence Blue Cross (Independence) executives shared their experience and insight at the 2019 Pennsylvania Conference for Women on October 2. Independence sponsored the annual professional and personal development event, which was held at the Pennsylvania Convention Center in Philadelphia.
- Lorina Marshall-Blake, Independence Vice President of Community Affairs and President of the Independence Blue Cross Foundation, hosted and spoke at a pre-conference reception at Independence headquarters.
- Erica Bennett, Independence Leadership and Executive Development Partner, welcomed participants to a networking breakfast for human resources professionals. The session, sponsored by Independence, featured Jennifer Brown, an award-winning entrepreneur, speaker, and diversity and inclusion expert.
- Angelina Isaac, Independence Senior Diversity and Inclusion Workforce Initiative Partner, emceed a panel titled “How Bias is Affecting Your Organization.” The session was designed to help participants identify hidden unconscious biases and create organizations in which all people can thrive.
- Nicole Gold, Independence Vice President of Operations Customer Service and Client Setup, joined a panel of experts to share her insights on managing and communicating effectively across multigenerational teams and how to harness the unique strengths of diverse team members.
More than 10,000 people attended the 2019 Pennsylvania Conference for Women. The event included multiple break-out sessions and a host of well-known speakers:
- James Clear, New York Times best-selling author
- Ava DuVernay, Academy Award nominee and winner of the Emmy, the BAFTA and the Peabody
- Elizabeth Gilbert, award-winning, best-selling author
- Celeste Headlee, communication and human nature expert, and award-winning journalist
- Jesmyn Ward, a MacArthur Genius and two-time National Book Award winner
- Danielle Weisberg and Carly Zakin, co-founders and co-CEOs of theSkimm